Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Auto Insurance Information for Upstate New York Drivers
Serving Clifton Park, Glens Falls, Schenectady. Albany, Troy, Corinth, Greenfield Center, Latham, Schuylerville, Greenwich, Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa
may seem like an unwanted necessity. Prices always seem to go up each year and one blemish on your driving record can make premiums go even higher. At Cote Insurance, we know how bothersome finding the right car insurance can be. It can be extra hard for people with mistakes on their driving records. That is the reason why we work with over 50 of the top insurance carriers in NYS to find cheap car insurance for your driving requirements.
Does New York State require auto insurance?
Like most states in the US, New York does require drivers to carry a certain amount of liability insurance These requirements include:
1) $25,000 for bodily injury to one person, $50,000 for bodily injury to all persons.
2) $10,000 for property damage in any one accident.
3) Mandatory "no-fault" coverage of $50,000 is also required.
What does Car Insurance Cover?
A basic car insurance policy usually includes:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Coverage that helps pay for injuries you may cause another person while driving.
- Property Damage Liability: Coverage that helps pay for property damage you may cause while driving.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP helps pay for medical expenses and occasionally other damages after an accident no matter who is at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage pays for damage to your car that occurs from incidents other than collision. This includes hitting a deer, fire, theft, hail, and wind.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage pays for damage to your car that occurs as a result of collision with another car or object.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in New York?
On average, car insurance in New York is around $1,420 a year (around $118 a month). We can offer policies starting as low as $32 a month! Upstate New York has relatively cheap car insurance compared to the rest of the U.S.
What Affects My Car Insurance Rates?
There are several things that affect auto insurance premiums including the car being insured, age, lifestyle, driving record, gender and more. If you’re considered a “high-risk” driver, you may have trouble finding reasonably priced vehicle insurance. That’s where Cote Insurance can help to find you affordable, quality car insurance.
Visit Us Today
Cote Insurance Agency has the right coverage for you with the right price with agents ready and eager to help insure your car so you can drive safely down New York highways
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.
Our agents are here to serve you and to ensure that you get the insurance coverage that you need at an affordable price. Whether auto, home, life, or business insurance, our agents are here for you. Contact us today or fill out an online quote now.